In fish farming, the well-being of the fish is of paramount importance to ensure a high-quality product. Furthermore, the health of the fish is directly linked to sustainable and environmentally friendly operations, which means that what's good for the environment is good for the fish which again leads to a better end product.
This holistic approach to fish farming which not only considers the fish cage and its immediate surroundings, but the whole ecosystem in which it is located, is core to our philosophy. From roe to dinner plate, our processes ensure the best possible conditions for producing high-quality salmon and trout. Clean water, the best feed, spacious cages and consistently good hygiene leads to healthy and happy fish without the need for medication.
To further ensure the quality of our fish products, we have developed the following quality control processes:
- The authorities check that the regulations are complied with and that fish health is good. The fish farmers' own control systems also ensure that quality is optimized.
- Harvesting and packing stations and carriers are responsible for maintaining top quality all the way to market.
- Seaborn monitors all stages of the process. It is our responsibility to ensure that our customers are satisfied. Finally, the customer decides whether the fish meets their expectations, which is the crucial test.
- A traceability system and a certificate of quality enable everyone to check each stage of the value chain.
- Food safety can be documented all the way from the parent fish throughout the entire value chain for every one of Seaborn's deliveries.